If you have never rented a car before, you will not know how the driving record affects your ability to rent a car. You may not even know how the driving record matters when you wish to rent a luxury car for your next trip. You may check with your car rental company to find about specific rules it has set to rent a car Singapore. By doing so, you will get to know of disclosures and rules it has set. Such rules actually determine whether you can rent a car or not. There are some car rental companies who will check the copy of driving record. They may get in touch with Motor Vehicle Department to find this out. You will have to submit an application or form of permission to ask Motor Vehicle Department to allow the rental company access your records. Each and every car rental company has its own rules. Such rules have to be followed and the requirements need to be met. If you rent a car for the first time, the rental company will check your driving record. Then, if the car is returned in the best condition, the rental company will not check it again when you rent for the second time.
Determining factors whether you may rent a car or not
There are various factors that determine whether you may rent a car for your next trip or not. The company will be taking into account the age of the driver, the driving license and may be the driving record. But, it is not compulsory that the driving record will be checked. Well the ways of processing car rental application is different for each company. Some rental companies clearly state that there will be random checks on the driving record and license. This helps the companies to screen those drivers who at high-risk. If the driving record states that the driver is high-risk, the company may refuse to rent a car. A driver having several points like accidents, rule violations, driving convictions, he may be refused.
Other factors that determine car rental ability
While the driving record matters a lot, there are other factors as well. Such factors determine the ability to rent a car and the overall cost of renting. They are as follows:
- If your age is 25 years or more, you will be granted the car. Some companies can rent a car even to those who are as young as 21 years. But, this will involve driver’s surcharge. If you are a young driver, insurance will be the factor considered.
- The cost of car rental will also be determined by the time period for which the car is rented. If the car is rented for a longer period, the entire affair will prove budget friendly. But, if you are renting a car just for 1-2 days, the charge will be higher.
- The number of extra amenities you want in the car will also determine the cost of renting the car. You may want extra baby seat, seats for elders and GPS. The cost of such extras will add up slowly and gradually.
- Consider the mileage the car comes with. Some of the cars come with unlimited mileage while others do come with limited mileage. Make sure you stay within the mileage limit. If you exceed it, the cost of renting will go up. Ask about the extra mileage in kilometers. There are some companies offering extra mileage packages.
- If you use the car in one city and just park it in another city, the company will charge you extra. The company will cover the cost of driving the car back to the facility.
- If you use the car for airport transfers, you will have to pay airport tax. This will be extra.
So, the cost of car rental can move up due to the above mentioned factors.
What can happen if there is no stable driving record?
Well, your request for renting the vehicle will not be turned down but you will be charged extra. You may find companies who rent a car even to the one who have very bad driving record. Indeed, they rent cars to the ones who encountered accidents on the road. Car rental companies are particular about drinking and driving. Most of the companies do not rent cars to the ones who drink and drive. A lot depends on your driving record, the kind of charges slapped upon you and for how long they lasted. Depending on the offense, the company will charge you rental fee and decide if at all it can deliver services or not. Having a valid driver’s license hardly matters if driving record is not good.
The cost of insurance
You have to bear the burden of insurance in case your driving record is unstable. Some of the factors that may affect your driving record negatively are drinking and driving, speeding tickets, reckless driving, collisions or fender benders. While such things may not prevent you from renting the car, but they may still increase the cost of renting.
How to save money on car rental?
If the track record of the driver is clean, the rental charges will be less. To leave positive marks on your driving record and license, you may take up driving classes. All your future auto insurance rates and car rental charges will be affordable. Even if you are high-risk driver, you can still make a significant savings. You may just carry out researches on different car rental companies, compare the deals and save money. But, the one with great driving record will not have to offer a large deposit. But, such a deposit is refundable if there is no accident and the car is returned in its best condition.
Car rental and poor driving record
Poor driving record may hinder your ability to rent a car. Know one thing that driving violations may put brakes to your ability to rent the set of sweet wheels. You will fail to roll a luxurious vehicle on the roads. Previously, the car rental agencies did not act stringently but things have changed. Prior to giving a car on rent, the companies even carry out background checks on the one willing to rent a car. Background checks have become a common place in the current times. Reckless renters have no option other than paying high rental charges. They need to make an upfront payment to cover the potential losses due to car crashes. If there is no accident, the money will be refunded. Companies have become careful nowadays due to good reasons. So, there is nothing to feel surprised if your car company asks you to show driving license and wishes to check your driving record.
Thousands of individuals now take up car hire services to enjoy the trip. This is the way to gaining access to desired vehicle. If it is not possible to buy a luxurious car for the next trip, find a reliable company for car rental. Bizlink Rent A Car Pte Ltd can give you best options in car rental. Whether you wish to travel in a group or alone, the car may be rented.